FYI: This is our sister software, which can be used nicely in conjunction with PC Pandora…
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 23, 2008 — The Greek word “Pandora” comes from the words pan “all” + doran “gift.” Thus, “Pandora” literally translates to “all gifted,” or “all giving.” The new edition of Pandora Recovery couldn’t be closer to its Greek nomenclature roots, as it gives users the gift of all files lost or deleted. Pandora Recovery 2.0.1 is the much-anticipated upgrade to the popular free data recovery tool, and it includes the most-requested feature: FAT support.
“Both FAT16 and FAT32 formatted drives are now supported in searches for lost data,” states Pandora Corp. Chief Software Evangelist, Chris Graham. “This allows users to attempt recovery of files wiped out from digital camera cards, USB flash drives, Win98 and older WinXP hard drives.”
In addition to the FAT support, Pandora Recovery 2.0 has added several other features that make searching for and recovering lost or deleted data even easier. Upgrades include:
- Support for automatic device insertion and removal detection. “You can be running Recovery 2.0,” explains Graham, “connect in a new drive or device – such as a flash stick – to be searched, and it pops up right away. No need to close out of and restart the Recovery program, which you had to do in the past to recognize the newly inserted drive.”
- “Search statistics” available to the user and
- “% Overwritten” added to the list of sortable criteria. “These two features add to the list of useful ‘general information’ the user is given,” says Graham. “One is a breakdown of the types of files found, while the other lets you know the condition in which the files are found.”
- Default ‘deleted items only’ view. Only folders with deleted files or subfolders will be displayed in the browse tree, whereas pre-2.0 releases displayed all files found in a search to the user. The ‘all found’ display can still be activated.
- 1GB Flash Drive for Pandora Recovery Mobile purchasers.
A full list of Pandora Recovery 2.0.1 features can be found on PandoraRecovery.com.
Positive feedback and rave reviews pushed Graham and his team to make Pandora Recovery the strongest tool available to those in need of data recovery. And while Pandora Recovery 2.0 completes the program’s core functionality upgrades, it’s by no means the end of the line.
“We’re going to keep working on it and expanding the list of potentially recoverable files and data,” says James Leasure, co-founder of Pandora Corp. “Further updates to Pandora Recovery will focus on permanent data removal. We’d also like to help people recover deleted emails – that’s on the list for sure.”
Most likely, it will not be a program you use daily… but when you need it, you need it – and it can really save you a lot of stress and headaches in your PC usage. While the basic software is still FREE to everyone, for just a little more than the price of an empty USB flash drive, you can buy Pandora Recovery Mobile for instant recovery of lost data without requiring any physical installation of the program, which might compromise already-deleted files. Pandora Recovery Mobile includes Pandora Recovery 2.0, plus a demo version of the company’s signature monitoring software, PC Pandora Version 5 (with a $20 coupon to purchase), on a 1GB USB Jump Drive. Pandora Recovery Mobile is on sale for less than $20 during July. Further details on the program are available at http://www.pandorarecovery.com; Pandora products are also available on Amazon.com.
How Does It Disappear?
Statistics on data loss is sparse, as most research is conducted independently by companies who specialize in data recovery. Here are a few statistics that illustrate the spectrum of data loss from a few years ago…
Miscellaneous stats about computer data loss:
- A hard drive crashes every 15 seconds
- 32% of data loss is caused by human error
- 25% of lost data is due to the failure of a portable drive
- 44% of data loss caused by mechanical failures
- 1 in 5 computers suffer a fatal hard drive crash during their lifetime
A national Harris Interactive survey of 597 computer users revealed:
- Nearly 3 out of 5 personal computer users have lost an electronic file they thought they had sufficiently stored
- Only 1 in 4 users frequently back up digital files, even when 85% of computer users say they are very concerned about losing important digital data
System Requirements: Pandora Recovery requires Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server or Windows Vista for installation. Pandora Recovery recovers deleted data from NTFS and FAT formatted drives. There are no plans at this time to create a version compatible with the Mac, Linux, or any other non-Microsoft Operating System.
About Pandora Corp.: Pandora Corporation was formed with one goal – to help our customers monitor, control and protect their families and themselves online. From keeping children safe from predators and shielding them from potentially harmful or mature content, to ensuring the integrity of your relationships, online records, accounts and personal information, Pandora Corporation’s flagship PC Pandora program is an essential tool in the fight against the potentially catastrophic consequences of having your privacy (or that of your family) breached. Pandora Corporation continues to innovate and integrate features our users want and request. Pandora Recovery‘s upgrades come as a proof of our commitment.